– An update on what states have or plan to send stimulus checks
– Final round of Golden State stimulus checks has now been distributed
– IRS tax filing season will begin 24 January: everything you need to know about 2021 government aid and tax returns
– Congress may include covid-19 stimulus funding in the government spending bill
– IRS chief Chuck Rettig on tax season 2022: “The pandemic continues to create challenges”
– US unemployment rate fell to 3.9 percent in December, the lowest rate since the start of the pandemic
– Average Social Security benefit will rise by around $92 this year, thanks to COLA 2022 increase
– Failure to pass Build Back Better bill means there will be no Child Tax Credit direct payment this month
– Up to $8,000 in stimulus payments can be claimed by some households this year
Useful information & links:
Child Tax Credit
– Can the Child Tax Credit still be extended after the Senate failed to approve the Build Back Better bill last month?
– Senator Manchin has his say on the future of President Biden’s Build Back Better proposals?
– Report confirms that the Boston Bomber did receive a stimulus check
– How many stimulus checks were approved during the last 12 months?
– Social Security recipients are in line for a COLA increase, but could they also get an additional $200this month?
– What does the 5.9% COLA increase mean for Social Security beneficiaries?
— to en.as.com