THE authorities has launched a brand new instrument that can assist you test when you can declare as much as £12,600 in Common Credit score or different advantages.
The online tool is free to make use of and takes just some minutes to finish.
The Division for Work and Pensions (DWP) stated it is launching the instrument as 700,000 Brits on advantages might be eligible for added help.
In the meantime, many in low-paid work might not know they’ll declare Common Credit score, it added.
Universal Credit has changed six different advantages with a single month-to-month cost if you’re out of labor or on low revenue.
Some households may be entitled to thousands of pounds a year relying on their particular person circumstances.
How a lot will I get in Common Credit score?
SIMPLY go to the GOV.UK website and use one of many free calculators to test how a lot chances are you’ll be entitled to.
Earlier than utilizing the instruments, ensure you have any monetary info handy, akin to financial institution and financial savings statements, and knowledge on pensions and present advantages.
You additionally must know your outgoings, akin to lease or childcare funds, in addition to have a latest council tax invoice handy.
For those who’re a part of a household or reside with a companion, get their primary monetary info collectively too as this might have an effect on your declare.
To then make a declare, observe the steps under.
For instance, a pair dwelling along with two kids incomes £7,350 a 12 months may get £12,600 in Common Credit score – or £21,000 with housing prices, the DWP stated.
In the meantime, a single guardian with one little one incomes £7,350 a 12 months may get round £7,500 – or £14,000 with housing prices.
For those who reside by your self, earn £7,350 a 12 months and haven’t any children, you can get round £300 – roughly £7,000 with housing prices.
Common Credit score claimants may be eligible for greater than £1,000 in little one profit, discretionary housing funds, incapacity dwelling allowance, a council tax discount in addition to free college meals for kids.
The simplest technique to entry these advantages is by claiming Common Credit score.
The brand new instrument asks between 5 and ten questions on your present scenario, and may solely take as much as three minutes to finish.
Will Quince, minister for welfare supply, stated: “Checking eligibility for Common Credit score is now simpler than ever because of the launch of our advantages eligibility instrument.
“In case you are, you’ll additionally be capable to obtain further advantages, akin to half-price journey and childcare funds.”
“For those who assume you’re eligible to assert, please do test, so you possibly can see what help you might be able to entry.”
What to do if in case you have issues claiming Common Credit score
IF you are experiencing bother making use of on your Common Credit score, or the funds simply do not cowl prices, listed here are your choices:
- Apply for an advance – Claimants are capable of get some money inside 5 days somewhat than ready weeks for his or her first cost. However it’s a mortgage which suggests the repayments shall be mechanically deducted out of your future Common Credit score payout.
- Different Cost Preparations – For those who’re falling behind on lease, you or your landlord might be able to apply for an APA which can get your cost despatched on to your landlord. You may also be capable to change your funds to get them extra often, or you possibly can break up the funds when you’re a part of a pair.
- Budgeting Advance – You might be able to get assist from the Authorities for emergency family prices of as much as £348 when you’re single, £464 when you’re a part of a pair or £812 if in case you have kids. These are solely in circumstances like your cooker breaking down or for assist getting a job. You will need to repay the advance by your common Common Credit score funds. You will nonetheless need to repay the mortgage, even when you cease claiming for Common Credit score.
- Minimize your Council Tax – You may be capable to get a reduction in your Council Tax or be entitled to Discretionary Housing Funds in case your present ones aren’t sufficient to cowl your lease.
- Foodbanks – For those who’re actually exhausting up and struggling to purchase meals and toiletries, yow will discover your native foodbank who will offer you assist totally free. You’ll find your nearest one on the Trussell Trust website.
The way to declare Common Credit score
For those who assume you are eligible for Common Credit score, you may then must go to the GOV.UK website and fill within the particulars to make a declare.
Simply remember the fact that any advantages which Common Credit score is changing, akin to working tax credit score or little one tax credit score, will finish when you submit an software.
You additionally received’t be capable to declare them once more even when it’s determined that you just aren’t entitled to any Common Credit score funds.
When you arrange an account and make a declare, the DWP will name you in the event that they want any additional particulars from you.
It will then message you by way of the Common Credit score on-line journal as your declare progresses.
In case you are eligible, it’s going to take 5 weeks between claiming and your first cost – although advances can be found to those that want them.
All non-essential retailers to close from subsequent week beneath four-week nationwide lockdown
And in an enormous increase for The Solar’s Make Universal Credit Work campaign, the Lords Financial Affairs Committee backed all of our most important asks of the federal government for find out how to restore the troubled advantages programme.
In the meantime, hundreds of Brits on advantages will receive an extra two weeks worth of payments after they’re rolled onto Common Credit score.
— to www.thesun.co.uk